We provide comprehensive services for independent spent fuel storage installation (ISFSI) projects, including construction and fabrication of vertical concrete cask (VCC) and horizontal storage module (HSM) for existing plants or as part of decommissioning and dismantlement. We typically perform such work under the terms and conditions of the General President’s Project Maintenance Agreement or the National Maintenance Agreement.
A Full Range of Services
- Construct ISFSI pads
- Offload liners and bases
- Qualify rebar fabricator and concrete batch plant
- Construct rebar cages for bases, roofs, walls, doors and OVCs
- Place reinforcing steel and attachments
- Receive and set concrete forms
- Place concrete to create outer shell of VCC/HSM
- Remove concrete forms
- Transport components to ISFSI using vertical cask transporters, heavy haul trailers and/or crawler crane
- Assemble and align single and double arrays
- Perform final inspections
- Assist with final QA/QC inspections and documentation
- Release VCC/HSM to client
We have constructed more than 600 VCCs and HSMs at 16 nuclear power plants and one Department of Defense facility, ranging in size from 50 MW to 3,810 MW. We have completed all projects on schedule and on budget while maintaining compliance with stringent client and Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) regulations.