Woods Creek Hydroelectric Maintenance
Maintenance for the 0.65 MW Woods Creek Hydroelectric Project located adjacent to Woods Creek, a tributary of the Skykomish River. The facility consists of a powerhouse at a naturally occurring impassible barrier to fish. Prior to acquiring the project in 2008, the Snohomish Public Utility District (SNOPUD) purchased 100% of the output of the project since its construction in 1982.
NAES Power Contractors provided craft labor for a variety of projects, including covering the area behind the fish screen with galvanized decking material on angle iron supports mounted on existing concrete. SNOPUD provided tools, materials, and equipment.
- Installed four-bay rotary screen (tailrace)
- Installed crane
- Installed platform
- Unit 2 complete turbine rebuild including:
- Runner bearing replacement - removed the stub shaft and gearbox to replace the two runner bearings
- Modified the wicket gate operating gear
- Unit 1 repairs and reassembly
- Flood clean up work
- Cleaned sand and other debris out of penstock
- Modified the penstock valve