Henry M. Jackson Hydroelectric Transformer Replacement
Transportation and installation of a 15/20/25 MVA generator step up (GSU) transformer for the 112 MW Henry M. Jackson Hydroelectric Project located in the Sultan River Basin. This facility began operations in 1984 and produces approximately 6 to 8 percent of the power needs for the Snohomish Public Utility District.
NAES Power Contractors supplied labor, supervision, equipment, and materials for the replacement of the transformer.
- Prepared transformer for shipment and transported to site
- Unloaded and reassembled transformer on site
- Disconnected existing transformer, and removed deluge and anchor systems
- Removed high voltage jumpers, low voltage bus, and anchor bolts
- Installed new high voltage jumpers, low voltage bus, and anchor bolts
- Installed duct work and deluge system, and modified roof for ISO phase bus
- Transformer testing services
- Site specific safety training