Conemaugh Electrostatic Precipitator Rebuild
Supply and install new electrostatic precipitator (ESP) internals for Units 1 and 2 (four boxes total) at the 1,800 MW Conemaugh Generating Station. This baseload coal-fired plant consists of two 900 MW steam turbine generators and Alstom/CE supercritical tangential-fired boilers, which began commercial operation in 1970 and 1971.
Under contract with Genon Energy, NAES Power Contractors is responsible for site management, craft labor, and directing subcontracts for this $62+ million project. Under subcontract with NAES Power Contractors, Buell APC is responsible for engineering, materials and equipment. Work will be performed during two power outages. Unit 1 was completed in the fall of 2011 during a 9 week outage. Unit 2 is scheduled for the spring of 2013.
- Demolition and removal of existing ESP internals
- Structural reinforcement of ESP boxes (for future SCR process)
- Receipt and installation of new ESP materials and equipment, including:
- Replace TR sets
- Collecting plates
- Steel modifications
- Electrical components, panel modifications, and wiring
- Partial hopper replacement
- Insulation and lagging
- Component support system
- Alignment and startup
- Alignment grids