Boundary Dam Hydroelectric Maintenance
Electrical installation services for the 4th and 6th floor powerhouse tunnel doors at the 1,050 MW Boundary Dam located on the Pend Oreille River in northeastern Washington State. The facility is operated by Seattle City Light and supplies more than one third of the utility’s energy requirements.
Working under a service agreement with Energy Northwest, NAES Power Contractors provided planning, labor and management for several key electrical projects that were undertaken as a part of the facility requirements for Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) re-licensing.
- Installed rigid conduit, Hoffman enclosures, and weatherproof boxes
- Installed automatic motor controllers for filter pump
- Moved spillgate controls (located in elevator shaft)
- Installed new panelboard and moved rigid conduit from the panel to the cable tray
- Maintenance and construction on sluice and spillgate mobile emergency generator
- Built unistrut structure to attach to existing hoist control stands at six locations
- Completed elevator upgrades (re-routed feeders)
- Extensive electrical systems upgrades