AEP Steam Turbine Generator Overhauls
Through a Master Service Agreement, NAESsm provides field service overhauls at American Electric Power (AEP) steam turbine generator plants. NAES successfully completed four overhauls on time and without a single safety incident or warranty claim. Projects were time sensitive, and some were performed on a two-shift, accelerated schedule. AEP is one of the largest electrical generation providers in the continental United States.
NAES provided scheduling, management, on-site supervision, tools, and craft labor for the following projects. NAES also performed internal alignments as required.
- Welsh Unit 1 - Westinghouse 550 MW steam turbine generator (coal fired)
- Nueces Bay - GE 325 MW steam turbine generator
- Barney M. Davis - Westinghouse 325 MW steam turbine generator
- Laredo Station - Westinghouse 100 MW steam turbine generator
- HP-IP rotor
- LP rotor (two at Welsh)
- Stop valves
- Reheat / intercept valves
- Control valves
- BFW pumps / turbines